Purpose: This course is available to health care providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccine to those 6 months to 4 years of age.
This course is a two-part course:
Part 1 - provides an overview of general principles for immunizing infants and children 6 months to 4 years of age which includes:
- An overview of the informed consent process
- Immunization communication
- Positioning and Landmarking
- Reducing immunization injection pain strategies and resources
- How to distinguish between anaphylaxis/fainting/anxiety
A certificate for this course will be generated upon successful completion of Part 1, Part 2 and the knowledge check.
Intended Audience: New vaccine providers involved in the COVID-19 Immunization Program and any other COVID-19 vaccine provider in BC.