The BCCDC regularly updates the guidelines in this manual to reflect current best practice.
We publish the updates immediately on these webpages.
For the complete list of updates, or to print a copy of an update, see Admin Circulars.
If you use these guidelines, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version.
British Columbia Treatment Guidelines: Sexually Transmitted Infections in Adolescents and Adults - 2014
This summary was developed by Clinical Prevention Services at the BC Centre for Disease Control in consultation with the British Columbia Health Authorities to give primary care clinicians a brief, easy-to-use, reference tool for the treatment of common sexually transmitted infections. This tool is not meant to be comprehensive and clinicians are encouraged to consult the full document (Canadian Guidelines on Sexually Transmitted Infections) for more details, including diagnostics.
Canadian Guidelines on Sexually Transmitted Infections - Canadian STI Guidelines have been written for primary health care providers. They are intended to assist in the prevention and appropriate management of STI in Canada.
BCCNP Certified Practice Decision Support Tools for STI. Includes:
- STI Assessment
- Treatment of STI Contacts
- Chlamydia Trachomatis (Reportable)
- Gonorrhea (Reportable)
- Mucopurulent Cervicitis without PID
- Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
- Lower Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) (Female)
- Genital Warts
- Recurrent Urethriits (Male)
- Urethritis (Male)
- Non-certified Practice Decision Support Tools for Use Only by STI Certified Practice Nurses:
- Non-certified Practice Decision Support Tools for STI:
- Supporting Documents for STI Clinical Practice:
- PHSA Registered Nurse Decision Support Tool: Pelvic Exam
- BC Cancer Agency - Pap Screening Supporting Documents