SmartSexResource is a provincial sexual health website, offering comprehensive information, education and resources on sexually transmitted infections and other sexual health topics.
We want all people living in British Columbia to have access to the information and services they need in order to have the smartest sex possible.
Operated by Clinical Prevention Services, our goals are to provide:
- Local and relevant sexual health education, outreach and promotion
- Online access to sexual health nurses at BCCDC
- Resources for health care providers and agencies working in sexual Health Shared Services BC
- Dynamic and engaging content and new features that evolve with changing technology
SmartSexResource offers a number of services for the general public and for health care providers.
- Comprehensive information on STIs, STI trends, A searchable, map-based clinic and sexual health services finder
- Ask A Question and live, private chat with a nurse at BCCDC
- Email and text reminders for STI testing and vaccinations (coming soon!)
- Resources for clients, including STI / HIV brochures, medication handouts, an STI testing checklist and STI information sheets in multiple languages
- STI Updates blog for health care providers with the latest on STI trends, research, programs and clinical practice
- Resources for health care providers, including an HIV window period calculator
If you would like to add a clinic or update your clinic information on the clinic finder, or if you would like to request SmartSexResource posters and wallet cards for your clinic or program, please
through the website or email directly at