The BC Community Health website has been refreshed and updated with the latest available data.
The website allows users to explore the health profile of their community and other communities across B.C. using three tools: Community Health Profiles, a searchable health database, and a visual health atlas. The tools provide an overview of multiple health and well-being indicators for a geographic area to support health and wellness planning in communities.
The tools have been updated with the latest available data:
- Census 2016
- Canadian Community Health Survey
- Chronic disease registries, vital statistics
- Early Development Instrument and Student Learning Survey.
The website is used to inform planning in areas such as:
- Income, education, employment and affordable housing
- Chronic disease such as asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure
- Student health behaviours such as physical activity and vegetable consumption
- Early childhood development and vulnerability Active transportation such as biking or walking to work.