We have many strengths as Aboriginal people. We can use these strengths to raise awareness and prevent HIV/AIDS and STIs.
At Chee Mamuk we value:
- Building on strengths
- Building on tradition and culture
A life characterized by healthy sexuality and free of STIs, Hepatitis, and HIV/AIDS for indigenous peoples.
Chee Mamuk recognizes and works to address inequities in the health of Aboriginal communities. Chee Mamuk’s services are grounded in community, tradition and science in order to promote healthy sexuality and to build capacity in Aboriginal communities to prevent the spread of HIV, Hepatitis, and STIs.
Chee Mamuk offers:
- Training for front line staff
- Youth sexual health projects
- Cultural wise practice models
- Community development
- Culturally appropriate resources