Physical distancing means limiting close contact with others.
When outside of your home, practicing social distancing by keeping two meters (six feet) away from one another is something we can all do to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay at home when you’re sick, even if symptoms are mild
- Avoid crowded places
- This includes play dates, group walks, basketball games and gathering on the beach
- Take care of your mental well-being by checking in with loved ones and practicing self-care
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or sleeve
Wash your hands regularly
- Limit your time in common spaces
- Use common amenities like laundry only when neighbours are not present in the room or you can keep two meters of distance between yourself and others
- Greet people with a wave instead of a handshake, kiss or hug
- Work from home
- Use public transportation at off-peak times