Information for B.C.’s hotel sector on preventing COVID-19 transmission.
: July 27, 2020 at 5:45 PM
The following guidance document provides hotel operators with guidance so that they can prevent and reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission on their premises and includes information on the following topics:
- Basic measures to prevent COVID-19 transmission in hotels
- Supporting guests in self-isolation
- Guests and staff who become ill
- Physical distancing between staff and guests
- Cleaning, disinfection and hand hygiene
- Check-in/check-out procedures
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Food and beverage service
- Engineering and maintenance
- Hotel facilities such as spas, pools, and fitness centres
- Events and gatherings
Guidance for B.C.’s hotel sector to prevent COVID-19 transmission (PDF)
- The Provincial Health Officer’s Order on Gatherings and Events limits the number of people in vacation accommodations, including for house, cabin, yurt and boat rentals, as well as hotel rooms, to the capacity of the space, plus up to a maximum of five visitors. Contact information for all guests and visitors must be collected.
As guidance and regulations are updated to respond to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic in B.C., operators are strongly advised to regularly review public health recommendations,
Provincial Health Officer Orders, and
WorkSafeBC protocols within which hotels are expected to operate. This includes advice on operating common components of hotels, including restaurants, recreational facilities, spas, and meeting spaces.