OUTDOOR MARKETS ONLY: may sell food and non-food items. May sell services, but not personal services.
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR MARKETS: may sell food items for human consumption, flowers, plants, seed and compost.
RESTRICTED: Sampling of products and provision of personal services are not permitted in indoor or outdoor markets.
Food items include fresh, frozen and prepared foods, take-away from food carts and food trucks, and pre-packaged liquor. This includes lower risk foods prepared at home and higher risk foods as described in the
Temporary Food Market Guidelines. (TFM guidelines)
Vendors are allowed to sell:
- Fresh fruits, vegetables and eggs
- Frozen pre-packaged meats and frozen ready-to-eat pre-packaged foods (e.g., pies, samosas, meals)
- Home-prepared low risk foods as identified in Appendix I of the TFM guidelines
- Higher risk foods prepared in an approved facility
- Pre-packaged non-alcoholic beverages
- Liquor only in sealed retail containers (e.g., bottles, cans)
- Take-away meals from food carts and food trucks
- Edible plants and seedlings
- Flowers, plants, seed and compost
Note: On-line vendors of indoor farmers' markets may continue to sell non-food items for pick-up or delivery to customers (described under additional measures).